Jan Carr (RN, CDE, BHSc)
Jan is a Registered Nurse and has been a Credentialled Diabetes Educator since 1993.
Jan has extensive experience in working with people with diabetes and also in the area of clinical research. In her research Jan often works with products in development and is able to combine this new information into her practice.
Jan has provided education and support for people on insulin pump therapy and glucose sensing for 16 years.
Jan’s interest also includes injectable insulin and the potential individualisation of the therapy to achieve optimal glucose control.
Jan’s philosophy is to provide an individualised service and ongoing support to her patients. She believes diabetes education involves providing information and assistance which allows the patient to optimise their diabetes self management.
Areas of Special Interest:
- Insulin therapy in Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes
- Insulin pump therapy in Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes
- Continuous glucose sensing
- Self management strategies
- A dedicated Type 1 diabetes clinic is held on a Saturday
- Australian Diabetes Educators Association
- Australian Nursing and Midwifery Federation
- European Association for the Study of Diabetes
- University of Adelaide Alumni
Referral may be made directly to Jan Carr, CDE, under the Team Care Arrangement, Allied Health Services-Diabetes Education (5 visits per year). Medicare rebate only fee or fee for service.
Endocrine Consultants SA
Click here for map
The services provided by our friendly staff at Endocrine Consultants SA, provide you with the peace of mind that you will be receiving the best care possible to help you manage and treat your condition. Our services include: Read more »
*31 March 2021 – COVID-19 UPDATE* Read more »